Jobs @ blipshift
Wait, don’t you just put a shirt up for sale and watch orders come in? Eh, there’s a little more to it and team blipshift shows up to our NYC office every day to bring you the freshest automotive themed t-shirt designs. We’ve got all the basic necessities for office survival like running water, unlimited Post-Its, bad jokes and free lunches (most of the time). Team blipshift is growing and you might be the right person to be the starting shortstop on our softball team. Open positions listed below.
Graphic Designer / Production Associate
Blipshift is looking for an experienced graphic designer for a full-time position in our NYC office. Reporting to the BS Creative Director, you'll support all aspects of the blipshift product creation process and be expected to have an impact designing awesome products. Blipshift crowd-sources designs and ideas from enthusiasts and artists around the world. Designs are sold one at a time for a limited time.
- Work with accepted artist submissions in various formats in timely preparation of final vector artwork and supporting materials to (1) ensure best virtual representation of a design for sale and (2) produce art files for the print team
- Work with the BS team to translate customer submitted ideas into print-ready artwork through internal development or by freelance assignment of projects to members of the BS artist community
- Manage the BS production process from point of idea submissions through delivery of final assets to print team
- Facilitate the art curation process and maintain the BS production calendar
- Maintain and further develop all BS style guides
- Script communications to help grow and manage relationships with our expanding artist community via direct, email and social media channels
- Provide all graphical assets as required for customer and internal marketing campaigns in all online and traditional media
- Design digital marketing collateral (email marketing, advertisement creative, website & mobile design)
- Design print marketing collateral (Customer communication, brochures, flyers, posters, presentation templates, powerpoint decks, product packaging, etc)
- Design in-store and on-site marketing materials (signage, etc)
- CREATIVE & TECHNICAL
- You wield your Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop weapon as well as The Kingslayer did his sword (before his appendage removal, that is).
- Before someone finishes talking about an idea, you're already thinking about 5 ways to make it better. And you can make it happen.
- Does seeing something f-ugly give you the urge to vomit? Can you fix it? Yeah? Good, read on...
- It's all in the details! You gotta be the kind of designer that wants to get everything right.
- You like to talk and write to people. Real people, not avatars in a 3D MMORPG.
- You don't run away from from Excel files (or other data) 'cause you'll need to analyze them to find out what stuff is working.
- TEAM PLAYER
- You'll be working with bs team members across all aspects of the biz, so no lone rangers here.
- Not afraid to hear opinions from others... or dishing them out.
- Cool with hopping on a plane for work – occasional domestic travel may be required.
- YOU WANT TO DO THIS
- Must possess a passion for creating graphics. Seriously, if you don’t love making awesome stuff, stop reading here.
- A better than average sense of humor with proven communication and interpersonal skills. If you don’t laugh here, you’ll cry.
- A deep passion for some aspect of auto culture. Or at minimum, empathy for those who might harbor such passions and a reasonable explanation for why you aren’t a verifiable car nut.
- OTHER STUFF THAT MAKES YOU A GO-GETTER (Possibly the worst word ever. If you have "go-getter" on your resume, remove it right now!)
- Solve problems. Don't create them.
- You can take a problem, run with it and get it done. You won't get a 50 pt checklist for everything you do.
- Ability to manage your own time and hit deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and relish the idea of figuring out how to get something done, then defining processes where none currently exist to do it again repeatably.
- When you see a broken process, you'll think of a way to make it better.
- Organized. Do you have stacks of papers on your desk dating from just after Y2K? That could be a problem.
- Ready to do anything. Really. BS is a small company so there are times when someone needs to jump through a ring of fire and you might get the call.
- The sound of human whine hurts your ears.
- EDUCATED AND SAAVY
- Bachelors Degree, commercial art / graphic design / industrial design or comparable life experience
- 3+ years experience in art / graphic creative and production roles
- Prior experiences with screen printing on apparel a plus
- Knowledge of web design a plus: desktop, mobile, tablet, responsive & UI/UX experience
- Compensation: Yes. Based on skill and experience. Surprisingly, we’ll actually pay you to do your dream job! In your choice of dollars or t-shirts.
- Growth: We're a small company that's busting at the seams, and that's not just from the burritos. You'll work with key decision makers of the biz and make your own decisions that'll have a real impact on the company.
- Location: Must work from blipshift’s global HQ in midtown Manhattan (NY). Ixnay on WFH. Relocation not provided.
- Benefits: Benefits: Medical, 401k, plus life-changing discounts on BS apparel.
To apply for this position please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter describing why you'd be the perfect candidate for this role along with your portfolio.
When you were in third grade, did you convince your buddy to trade his double stuff oreos for your mushy banana? Is your uncle hauling his family in a hot hatch after you explained the virtues of fun? Are you ready to drink the blipshift kool aid? If this sounds like you, read on!
Team blipshift is growing and we need a Marketing Manager to preach the gospel of BS just as bad as we gotta hit apexes. So what does a Marketing Manager do at blipshift? First and foremost, you gotta be a marketing ninja. That means you need to know:
- How to talk to awesome t-shirt fans/customers online & in the flesh
- Run marketing campaigns & promotions
- Analyze results
The managing part? You’ve got be able to:
- Plan ahead (strategy, schedule, budget)
- Hit deadlines
- Lead teams
Make decisions (no waffling! unless we’re eating tasty Belgian waffles)
Since we make awesome auto themed tees you’ll be expected to know a lot about cars. If your idea of a good time on the road is hypermiling in a hybrid, uh, how should we say this… don’t apply! Remember, blipshift isn't a Fortune 500 company. Heck, we're probably not even a Fortune 1 million company, so you're gonna be expected to figure a lot of stuff out on your own. No one is going to clean up after you either, so that leftover chicken and broccoli from three days ago, chuck it or eat it. We promise* that working at blipshift sucks less than your current job. You’ll get to do stuff like roll around in piles of awesome t-shirts, arm wrestle the blipshift Ape-X and trampoline onto our velcro wall**. Oh yeah, free lunch! This is a full time position at our midtown Manhattan HQ steps away from scenic Penn Station.
* That’s not a real promise. If your current job involves eating marshmallows while riding down water slides, we can’t beat that.
** Once we procure a trampoline… and velcro wall. There is no timeline on acquisition. In the meantime, you can practice by two foot jumping into drywall.
To apply, click here or go to blipshift.com/jobs/apply
- Work directly with blipshift management (no suits, possibly top hats) to define, plan and execute marketing strategy.
- Determine budget requirements for marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for growing social media presence.
- Report metrics and data to measure marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage fan and customer engagement at events.
- Network and build relationships with marketing partners. Sorry, no free shots at the bar.
- You will get your hands dirty. We don’t mean by eating Korean tacos. Sometimes you’ll tell team blipshifters what to do and a lot of the time you’ll do stuff yourself.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Skilled in leading and manage teams
- Fantastic writer and presenter, confident public speaker
- Social media guru. Being good at posting kitty pics doesn’t count. You need to know the ins and outs of using social media.
- Expert in using web based marketing services, ad platforms and reporting tools
- Ability to work with and modify media content (photos & videos). You don’t need to be the next Ridley Scott, but you should know enough of the basics.
- Previous experience in the automotive industry or racing. If not, provide us with proof that you spend way too much of your free time on cars, track days and/or other petrol powered activities. In either case, you should have a deep and wide network of automotive contacts.
- Must Apex Everything. The only reason to take the subway turnstile off of the racing line is because of heavy pedestrian traffic.
- Salary: Yes, you will be paid, and compensation depends on experience & skill level, not the number of BS tees you own.
- Location: Must work from blipshift’s global HQ in midtown Manhattan. Ixnay on WFH. Relocation not provided.
- Benefits: Medical, 401k, plus life-changing discounts on BS apparel
Blipshift is a NYC based company selling limited edition automotive themed t-shirts with artist submitted designs. One design at a time for a limited time.
Blipshift is an equal opportunity employer.